48th Meeting of the Panel on Efficacy Evaluation of Fungicides and Insecticides
Braunschweig (DE), 2019-11-26/28
The Panel on Efficacy Evaluation of Fungicides and Insecticides met in Braunchweig (DE) in the Julius Kühn Institute (JKI) on 2019-11/26-28. Thanks are due to the host for the warm hospitality and excellent organisation of the meeting. Peter Zwerger, deputy Head of the Institute welcomed the Panel to Braunschweig and wished them a fruitful meeting. He presented the structure and tasks of JKI which include the work on evaluation and approval of pesticides. His presentation is available here . The Panel continued its main task of developing Standards for conducting field trials to evaluate the efficacy of fungicides and insecticides.
New and revised Standards
The following Standards were discussed and considered ready to be sent for country consultation:
- Root knot nematodes (Meloidogyne spp.) in outdoor crops,
- Root knot nematodes (Meloidogyne spp.) on fruiting vegetables in protected conditions,
- Trioza erytreae on citrus,
- Aphids in oilseed rape, including aphid vectors of viruses,
- Revisions of three Standards for insect pests in oilseed rape: PP 1/073 Psylliodes chrysocephala ; PP 1/218 Phyllotreta spp. on oilseed rape and PP 1/259 Delia radicum on oilseed rape,
- Revision of PP 1/19 Seed-borne cereal fungi.
Mating disruption pheromones
A new Standard on evaluation of mating disruption techniques against Lepidoptera in grapevine, pome and stone fruits under semi-field conditions had been discussed. A special session was organized on this topic in cooperation with Mr Doyle and Mr Besenhoffer (JKI) to explain and discuss the CIRCE method (Cage method for Investigation of pheromone effects by Release and Capture). Further expert input may be needed before it is sent for country consultation.
A new Zonal example ‘Seed treatments to control wireworms in arable crops’ was prepared. This is an example covering all EU regulatory zones and intended to be used by the EU authorities working for plant protection products registration.
The Panel on Efficacy Evaluation of Fungicides and Insecticides will next meet on 2020-11-27/29.