64th Meeting of the Panel on CPM affairs
The EPPO Panel on CPM affairs met on 2016-09-07/07 in Minsk hosted by the State Inspectorate for Seed Production, Quarantine and Plant Protection to which thanks are due for the warm hospitability and excellent organization of this meeting. The Panel meeting was held in the same week as the 2016 IPPC Regional Workshop for Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Minsk, 2016-09-05/09).
The Panel discussed how to move forward in the discussion on Commodity Standards and worked on a set of EPPO discussion papers to be presented to the Standard Committee (SC) meeting in November 2016. The Panel members analyzed the following draft ISPMs which were under consultation. The EPPO comments once finalized were shared with the IPPC Secretariat through the Online Commenting System (OCS):
Draft ISPMs for first consultation
- Amendments to ISPM 5 Glossary of phytosanitary terms
- Revision of ISPM 6 National surveillance systems
- Requirements for the use of temperature treatments as a phytosanitary measure
Draft ISPMs for second consultation
- Annex to ISPM 20 Arrangements for verification of compliance of consignments by the importing country in the exporting country
- International movement of used vehicles, machinery and equipment
- International movement of seeds
Draft ISPMs for third consultation
- International movement of growing media in association with plants for planting
- International movement of wood
The Panel members were updated on the latest developments on the preparation of the International Year of Plant Health in 2020 and on ePhyto. The meeting included a review of the EPPO nominations in CPM bodies for the European region and an update the list of topics for ISPMs with nominated EPPO stewards.
The next meeting of the EPPO Panel on CPM affairs will take place in Paris, at the EPPO Headquarters, on 2017-01-24/26.