10th Meeting of the Panel on Efficacy Evaluation of Herbicides
and Plant Growth Regulators
(Nyon, CH, 2011-03-15/16)
The 10th Meeting of the Panel on Efficacy Evaluation of Herbicides and Plant Growth Regulators took place at the Research Station Agroscope Changins-Wädenswil ACW, in Nyon, Switzerland, on 2011-03-15/16, at the kind invitation of Mr Bohren. The Panel was welcomed by Dr Jean-Philippe Mayor who gave a brief overview of the Agroscope organization and its main tasks.
The Panel continued its main work on the preparation of standards for conducting field trials to evaluate the efficacy of herbicides and plant growth regulators. A number of revised standards were completed and they will be sent to EPPO countries for comment:
- Weeds in water-seeded rice (PP 1/62)
- Weeds in outdoor fruit vegetables (PP 1/118)
- Weeds in hop (PP 1/139)
- Reduction of lodging in water-seeded rice (PP 1/145)
- Control of suckers in grapevine (PP 1/161)
- Dwarfing of ornamental trees and shrubs (PP1/183)
- Rooting of cuttings (PP1/186)
The Panel also continued its work on extrapolations tables, which accompany EPPO Standard PP 1/257 Efficacy and crop safety extrapolations for minor uses. The Panel reviewed the following tables and prepared them for the country comment:
- Umbelliferous crops (both effectiveness and crop safety)
- Grass seed crops (both effectiveness and crop safety)
- Peas and beans (both effectiveness and crop safety)
Many thanks are due to Mr Bohren who provided most excellent organizational support and arranged an interesting visit of the lovely old town of Nyon. Participants also had an opportunity to visit the premises of the Research Station.
The Panel will next meet on 22/23 March 2012 in Paris, at EPPO headquarters.