ICPM EPPO / EU Coordinating meeting
Since 2001, a meeting of EPPO EU and non-EU countries has been organized before the Interim Commission for Phytosanitary Measures. This meeting is the opportunity to have fruitful exchanges among EPPO Member Countries on issues included on the agenda of the Interim Commission for Phytosanitary Measures. The main discussion points were the following:
- ISPMs which will be considered by the ICPM on 2004-03/29-04/02 (Guidelines for phytosanitary import regulatory structures, Pest Risk Analysis for regulated non-quarantine pests, Supplement to ISPM N° 11 on Pest Risk Analysis for Living Modified Organisms).
- Improvements to the Standard-setting procedure.
- Topics and priority for Standards.
- Implementation of ISPM 15 "Guidelines for regulating wood packaging in international trade".
- Role of RPPOs in IPPC.
- Role and Functions of the Informal Working group on Strategic Planning and Technical Assistance.
- Membership of Subsidiary Bodies
- Policy on the Production of Explanatory Documents, Training Guides and other Supporting Documentation.
- Memorandum of Cooperation between the CBD and IPPC Secretariats.